COMPLEXITIES OF COMPLEXION
Although there is no such thing as a “face-lift in a jar,” certain products available today can effectively prevent and reverse the revealing signs of skin ageing. You just need to use the RIGHT products.
Dermatologists, medical companies and the cosmetic industry have been working relentlessly since the mid-1980s, researching and developing skincare products for specific skin conditions and in particular ageing. They then started investigating other areas of medical science to identify potentially new ingredients and technology that could be utilised in advanced skincare.
Ageing is a complex phenomenon. As we grow older, our skin’s inherent anti-ageing mechanisms diminish: defences weaken, critical processes slow, and the rate of breakdown accelerates. A daily regimen needs to replenish or restore what’s lacking and prevent or interrupt ageing processes. In addition to reinforcing skin’s defences with a daily application of sunscreen, an anti-ageing regimen should rejuvenate the skin’s surface, restoring elasticity, supporting natural collagen production, and decreasing the appearance of wrinkles. A good anti-ageing regimen should deliver the following benefits:
- Increased epidermal cell turnover
- Normalised cells in the epidermis
- A compact, smooth surface
- Refined pores
- Resilience to environmental damage
- Interruption of collagen and elastin breakdown associated with environmental damage and inflammation
- Signalling of natural collagen synthesis
RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS
We often hear of people willing to spend hundreds of dollars on products without ANY scientific proof of efficacy and satisfied that their skin is "a little better". Our answer to this..."raise your expectations!"
How do you choose your skincare products? Recommendation from a friend, a glossy advertisement, celebrity endorsement or a cosmetic salesperson? Our aim is to offer our expertise to make you a skincare expert yourself.
With all the advancements made in skincare technology over the past two decades, it was unexpected to discover that a lot of women continue to have very low expectations when it comes to achieving real, visible results from their pricey products. From the cosmetic counter consultation, indulgent textures and beautiful fragrances to the etched glass jar and delicate packaging, the multibillion-dollar beauty industry knows how to create a very seductive experience indeed. Even products with labels that scream new “breakthrough” ingredients frequently disappoint in their ability to deliver visible results. On the other hand, as scientists and skincare consumers ourselves, we know there are real benefits to be derived from the science of credible companies in the skincare industry. We’ve seen ingredient and formulation advancements that make affordable skincare, especially for the treatment of common concerns, accessible to everyone. So if you have a product graveyard; as we have all had at some stage in our lives, rejected skincare potions that have you believing that you 'just have to live with' the complexion that you have....stop right there!
GET TO KNOW YOUR OWN SKIN
We’re confident we can help you find the right products and daily regimen to give you the impressive results that today’s advanced formulations are often capable of delivering. Because we know the right at-home program can make a tremendous difference in your skin’s appearance, we want to raise your expectations for what your skincare can deliver. By helping you prioritize your issues, analyse your skin, and use the right products and treatments, we are confident we can prove to you that your skin can look better than ever before.
To achieve the clear, glowing skin you desire, you need to analyse your skin and identify your most pressing skin concerns. Lets get started...
- Stand in front of a mirror
- Look at your face and analyse your skin (be kind)
- Identify the concerns or issues that bother you most
- What would you like to improve? Such as: acne or breakouts, brown spots or uneven skin tone, dull skin, large pores, fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, facial redness or irritation
- How do you currently care for your skin?
- What products are you currently using?
- Do you have a consistent skincare routine?
- Are these products addressing your main concerns and problems?
- Would you benefit from advice and getting further recommendations about your skin?
We would love to hear your answers and talk about your skin. If this is something you would like to do, please click our online consultation request form here and we will be in touch soon and get you on your way to the healthiest glowing skin possible.
YOUR SKIN'S FUTURE
Worrying about your skin won't help any condition or specific concern you may have. In fact, worrying will only make it worse. Instead, take positive action by incorporating a regimen of intelligent skincare into your daily routine. Here’s what we recommend for all our skin rejuvenation clients:
- Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen every day but preferably a moisturiser containing SPF.
- Retinoids (such as retinol or Vitamin A) to reduce wrinkles, improve elasticity and skin colour.
- Products containing anti-ageing peptides.
- Clinically tested hydroxy acids. Alpha hydroxy acids improve skin texture and reduce the signs of ageing by increasing collagen density, enhancing epidermal shedding, and fading surface discolourations. Poly hydroxy acids are potential alternatives to alpha hydroxy acids, as they can be used in higher concentrations without causing too much irritation.
- Antioxidants which intervene at different levels to protect the skin against damaging free radicals.
- Vitamin C to stimulate cell renewal and promote collagen formation, which may reduce wrinkles, thicken skin, and protect against sun damage.
- Vitamin E to neutralise free radicals that threaten healthy skin.
- Other common antioxidants which include green tea, Resveratrol, CoQ10, coffee berry, Idebenone, to name a few...
No matter how old you are, today is not too soon (or too late) to start ensuring a healthy, youthful-looking future for your skin. At Skincare.aus we can guide you, encourage you and install confidence in making the right skin care choices, specifically customised for YOU.